Saturday, November 26, 2005

Family Turkeys

By now most of us have eaten as much turkey and cranberry sauce as anyone should. With Thanksgiving 2005 now in the memory books, I came to realize why there are football games televised on Thanksgiving.

So we don't have to talk to each other!

Let's face it. You don't pick your family. And on holidays you can end up in a room full of hostile relatives where one errant word can erupt into a major argument.
Better to scream at the Broncos or the Cowboys than at each other.

Next year we will gather to do it again.

Some are lucky and spend the holidays with family or friends they really like, but for those who have to sup with unbearably hostile relatives, football can be the great equalizer.

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might I suggest that the above poster is full of it

and by it, I don't mean turkey

First she's saying how bad she has it compared to Moons (not knowing Moons' situation at all) then she outlines all the grief she has to endure and then she's grateful for the glass that is after all half full

I think I'm gonna get sick

The hell with gratitude. I say if you have something to complain about, just complain

Please spare us the positives that you're trying to convince yourself you have

The glass aint half full - it's broke

Moons in Leo said...

Sorry you don't have the market cornered on misery.

My parents are divorced. Oh wait a minute, now they're dead, but they WERE divorced. And I have my token mentally ill relative. At least one diagnosed mentally ill relative.

I don't know how your aunt put a rock in grandma's liver, but I bet it wasn't easy. You be sure to call the police if she succeeds.