
I read today that the mothers of the three American hikers detained in Iran for nine months are waiting for their visas from the Iranian government so they can visit their children.
I can't imagine what it's like to have your child imprisoned in a foreign country. It must be incredibly painful, but let me just say that if my child told me he or she was going hiking in the Middle East I would say, "Over my dead body."
Listen, imprisoned hikers. What in the world would possess you to go hiking in Iraq? Isn't it almost a given that you would 'unintentionally' end up in Iran? I mean, sand is sand no matter what country you're in. We've got some nice deserts here in the U.S. you could have hiked if cacti and oases are your thing.
The Iranian government thinks this trio was spying, and I have to admit if I was an Iranian bureaucrat I would probably think the same thing. After all, why would you do such an incredibly stupid thing as strolling around a war zone if you weren't freaking spying?
No comments:
Post a Comment