Saturday, September 20, 2008

I Melt for No One?

I never thought I scared easily, but I have to admit I gasped when I saw this in a supplement in today's paper.



Actually I only saw the first one, "I Melt for No One," but I understand there are others to follow.

According to the Ashton-Drake website:

You may cancel your collection at any time with no obligation

"Issue One - I Melt for No One - Green," will be followed by "Issue Two - Sweet on the Inside - Red," "Issue Three - There's a Little Nut - Yellow," Issue Four - Never let 'Em See You Melt - Blue" and additional collectible M&M'S miniature baby dolls as they become available

You may not believe this, but each 6" doll is only $29.99, plus shipping and handling, of course.

I should state that as far as I'm concerned collecting dolls is about as reasonable as collecting tumors.

To whom do these appeal? Doll collectors? Miniature collectors? Lovers of M&Ms? Perhaps all?

Usually I skip over these crazy ass doll ads, but there was just something about this one that grabbed me by the throat.

I can think of 10,000,000 other things I would rather do with my thirty bucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didn't they realize that pro-choice means aborting bad ideas as well?

Melts in my mind. Creepy!