Saturday, February 13, 2010

Follow the Yellow Snow



You may have heard that the 2010 Winter Olympics have begun in Vancouver, British Columbia. Well, even before they started they already had one bloody death on the score board.


Luger Nodar Kumaritashvili from the Republic of Georgia was killed in a practice run.


You will no doubt be relieved to know that there is nothing wrong with the track. I mean, look at that fabulous map! No, the verdict is that Nodar died because he was in way over his head. He would have lost anyway.


Dare I opine that anyone who wants to lie down on a sled and haul ass down an icy ramp at speeds approximating 90 mph is probably more than a little crazy to begin with?


Without doubt, this is a most unfortunate accident. As you may know, I'm not a big fan of the Olympics. Frankly, I think they're stupid. My only interest in them this year is that Stephen Colbert's Colbert Nation sponsored the U.S. Speed Skating Team. I plan to watch all of his appearances.

No comments: